Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cricket Night

In addition to Niko's new cage lifestyle, I also bought some cricket treats for him. I was going to buy just 1 or 2 live crickets from the store, but a. the smallest amount they had was 10, and b. I don't think Niko would have gone after the live ones anyways. So I bought a can of dead ones. More expensive, but I'm spoiling my baby hedgie of course. And I bought him a new toy. More spoiling.
The package even had a picture of a hedgehog on it, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's also one of those that you can put a treat inside, so I figured it'd be a perfect combo with the crickets.
And if you've ever wondered what the inside of a can of crickets looks like, here ya go. Yum.

Ever hear of a hedgehog anointing himself? It is the most bizarre thing to watch. So watch.



When Niko is anointing himself it's the most animated I see him, and he just looks like he's crazy. Below's the snapshot where I caught his tongue sticking out.


I stuck Niko in his cage afterwards with the toy with the remaining crickets inside, which he seemed to enjoy exploring a bit more - though I'm not sure if he's actually eating the crickets...



1 comment:

Debbie Lloyd said...

I love seeing the adventures of Niko! The movie was awesome...the crickets were, uh, icky ;)